Friday, February 8, 2013

Menu for February 10, 2013 through February 16, 2013


Well, if the weather folks are right... we are in for some crazy amounts of snow over the next 36 hours.  I sent Mark to get more firewood yesterday so that we can use our wood stove if we lose power.  I'm hoping that this snow will help it to look like winter for a couple of weeks at least!

Also, I've become super intrigued by pressure cookers in the last day or so.  I know that they were popular a long time ago, but it seems they are make a comeback and are safer than ever!  Over at the America's Test Kitchen Feed they've been having "pressure cooker week" in honor of one of their new cookbooks.  Apparently if I had a pressure cooker I could cook white rice in 3 minutes, brown rice in 15 minutes, or beans 5 times faster than without a pressure cooker.   Wow!  I thought I had all the small kitchen appliances I could ever need (I have made it a point to only get ones that I will use regularly!), but I think I'll be doing some more research on this whole pressure cooker thing.

So... coming up this week is Valentine's Day!  Mark and I never do anything huge for Valentine's Day, but it's nice to do something a little extra special.  Though I'm teaching on Thursday night's this semester, I was thinking it would be fun to have a sushi making date over the weekend to celebrate.  And I'm sure I will come up with a special dessert (I feel like Valentine's Day is more about the chocolate than the meal anyways!)  These peanut butter brownies look SO GOOD.

On the menu for you this week is lots of garlic hidden in various forms (3+ whole bulbs of garlic!).  There's chipotle sweet potato burgers with a roasted garlic sauce, spaghetti with sundried tomatoes, spinach, feta, olives (and garlic!), and a coconut thai chicken and vegetables (and garlic!).  For Valentine's Day there's a healthy tempeh hash, which will balance out any less than healthy desserts you might enjoy!

Let me know if you attempt any of these recipes and how you like them!  Also, if you have any recipe requests let me know-- I'm always up for a new challenge, and I love doing recipe research!


Dinners for the Week

Sunday:  Coconut Thai Chicken and Vegetables with Naan (or brown rice)
  •  Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have the leftovers on Wednesday
Coconut Thai Chicken and Vegetables


Monday: Spaghetti with Sun Dried Tomatoes, Spinach, and Olives
  • Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Friday

Spaghetti with Sun Dried Tomatoes, Spinach, and Olives










Tuesday: Chipotle Sweet Potato Burgers with Roasted Garlic Sauce + salad or other veggies on the side
  • Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Saturday.
Chipotle Sweet Potato Burgers with Roasted Garlic Sauce


Wednesday: Leftover Coconut Thai Chicken and Vegetables

Thursday: Tempeh Hash with Mushrooms and Kale + Valentine's Day dessert!

Tempeh Hash with Mushrooms and Kale


Friday:  Leftover Spaghetti with Sun Dried Tomatoes, Spinach, and Olives

Saturday: Leftover Chipotle Sweet Potato Burgers with Roasted Garlic Sauce + salad or other veggies on the side

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover