Monday, February 11, 2013

Roasted Two Potato Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette

Roasted Two Potato Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette

I never would have thought to put roasted potatoes on a salad until I saw this recipe about a year ago.  If you are skeptical, trust me.  It's really good!  This is a basic spinach salad topped with hard boiled eggs, roasted red potatoes, roasted sweet potatoes, and chickpeas.  The honey mustard vinaigrette dressing is super easy to make and delicious.  I think the dressing tastes especially good with the potatoes and helps to give the whole salad a lot of flavor.

When we're in the midst of a blizzard, a regular salad doesn't sound all that appealing to me, but add warm potatoes to the top and I'm all for it!  Each time I make this Mark says how much he likes it (and I agree!).  Though it does take time to hard boil the eggs and roast the potatoes, this meal is easy to make and very satisfying.

Roasted Two Potato Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette

I didn't change the recipe at all from how they made it over at A Couple Cooks besides adding sliced peppers and chickpeas, so head over there for the recipe.  I strongly recommend making the honey mustard vinaigrette (also linked in their salad recipe) to go with it, though you could use any salad dressing you like.   You could also add other vegetables or salad worthy ingredients that you happen to have.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover