Friday, April 12, 2013

Menu for April 14, 2013 through April 20, 2013

Last week I mentioned that I was testing  these cupcakes as a potential wedding dessert for my cousin's wedding.  They turned out really well!

Toffee Crunch Cupcakes

They were time-consuming to make, but I enjoyed every minute of it.  These toffee crunch cupcakes will definitely be making an appearance at the wedding.

This past weekend Mark and I went to NYC to visit my brother and his girlfriend.  We had an awesome time-- beautiful weather, tons of delicious food, and lots of fun just hanging out with some of our favorite people!  It is pretty funny  how different our two living situations are though-- middle of Manhattan vs. 300 feet from cows/ducks/sheep is quite a contrast.

On the menu for you this week is two new recipes.  Chickpea pot pie with sweet potato biscuits is a great comforting meal for a rainy evening.  Roasted mushroom and quinoa spinach salad is a fun salad with a great pear balsamic dressing.  Also on the menu is Asian foil salmon with cauliflower steaks (yum!) and veggie burgers.  Like last week, there are lots of vegetables!

This weekend I am actually going to be home for the first time in a few weeks so I'm looking forward to doing some cooking.  I've had bagels on my list for awhile (I'm just trying to find an easy whole wheat recipe), but let me know if you have any other recipes you'd like to see here!

Dinners for the Week

Sunday:  Veggie Burgers with Sweet Potato Fries and salad.  Make these whole wheat burger buns too if you want!
  •  For the burgers: make the full recipe and cook up four-- eat two tonight, two on Wednesday, and freeze the remaining burgers for future weeks (unless you already have some in your freezer!).
Veggie Burgers


Monday: Chickpea Pot Pie with Sweet Potato Biscuits
  • Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Thursday
Chickpea Pot Pie with Sweet Potato Biscuits











Tuesday: Roasted Mushroom and Quinoa Spinach Salad with bread if desired
  • Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Saturday
Roasted Mushroom and Quinoa Spinach Salad


Wednesday:  Leftover Veggie Burgers and sides

Thursday: Leftover Chickpea Pot Pie with Sweet Potato Biscuits

Friday: Asian Foil Salmon with Cauliflower Steaks
  • Make the full recipe (serves 2)
Asian Foil Salmon with Cauliflower Steaks











Saturday: Leftover Roasted Mushroom and Quinoa Salad

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover