Friday, April 5, 2013

Menu for April 7, 2013 through April 13, 2013

Happy April!  Did you get fooled at all on April Fools Day?  I always like to see what google and the other big internet sites put up.

Last weekend Mark and I celebrated Easter with my parents and my brother and his girlfriend.  Yummy food and good times!  Since then I've been working hard and my brain has been filled with teaching and math, so not much else to report.  The only blog post I starred this week was this almond joy smoothie which looks amazing and I can't wait to try it.  I've been eating more coconut lately (coconut butter is amazing in my oatmeal with blueberries!), and I'm sure that this smoothie will be as good as it looks.

On the menu for you this week is two new recipes and two old favorites.  Maple Walnut Chicken is a sweet twist on a traditional chicken, and Sticky Orange Tofu is a fun new way to have tofu.  Get your daily dose of LOTS of vegetables with Creamy Polenta with Veggies, and if you didn't get a chance to try the Open-Faced Pineapple BBQ Tempeh Sandwiches a couple of weeks ago, hopefully you'll get a chance to try them this week!  This week is a mix of vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals, with plenty of room for vegetables.  Hope you enjoy!

This weekend I will be testing these cupcakes as a potential wedding dessert (my cousin's wedding!).  I'll make sure to report back if they are a success!  As always, let me know if you have any recipe requests.

Dinners for the Week

Sunday:  Creamy Polenta with Kale, Mushrooms, and Tomatoes
  •  Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have the leftovers on Wednesday
Creamy Polenta with Kale, Mushrooms and Tofu


Monday: Maple Walnut Chicken with roasted mixed vegetables and grain of choice (if desired)
  • Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Thursday
Maple Walnut Chicken











Tuesday: Sticky Orange Tofu with orange sweet potatoes and roasted kale + garlic
  • Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Friday
Sticky Orange Tofu


WednesdayLeftover Polenta with Vegetables


Thursday: Leftover Maple Walnut Chicken + sides

Friday:  Leftover Orange Tofu + sides

Saturday: Open-Faced Pineapple BBQ Tempeh Sandwiches, on bread with salad and baked sweet potato fries on the side (or other sides!)
Open-Faced Pineapple BBQ Tempeh Sandwiches

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover