Friday, May 17, 2013

Menu for May 19, 2013 through May 25, 2013

Another weekend!  Yay!  And the weather looks like it will be pretty nice as well!   Mark has been out of town this week so I've been doing a lot of cooking for one.  It's been awhile since I've done that... and it's definitely different.  I realized one of the things I like most about cooking is sharing the food with other people!  I somehow have way less motivation to put together a full meal when it's just  me.

I was gone last weekend and have been busy this week, so I haven't had a chance to make many new recipes.  These did catch my eye though:
  1. Spring Roll in a Bowl-- I like this idea in general because I love spring rolls with peanut sauce so much.  I like the idea of trying those rice type noodles and having all the ingredients in a bowl as opposed to in a wrapper.  
  2. Japanese Vegetable Pancakes-- These look like a really interesting twist on a potato pancake.  Given how much I like Asian flavors, I definitely want to give something like this a try.  Don't be surprised if this pops up here on the blog again!
  3. Spinach Artichoke Pesto Pizza-- Pizza on Fridays is one of our favorite things.  I love artichokes, so I think a version of pizza like this would be great.  I'm thinking kale pesto, artichokes, and more kale (like in the spicy kale pizza). 
Now on to next week.  Here are my plans for dinners leading up to Memorial Day weekend.  Red Curry Lentils were a new meal this past week and I've been enjoying them all week!  I hope you will like them as well.  Also we've got Thai Black Pepper and Garlic Tofu and Maple Walnut Chicken that we first had a couple of months ago.  Then make your favorite pizza on Friday!  Feel free to experiment with the spinach artichoke pesto pizza ideas from above!

Dinners for the Week

Sunday:  Red Curry Lentils with brown rice and vegetables of choice on the side
  • Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Tuesday.  

Monday: Thai Black Pepper and Garlic Tofu
  • Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Wednesday.











Tuesday: Leftover Red Curry Lentils

Wednesday: Leftover Thai Black Pepper and Garlic Tofu

Thursday: Maple Walnut Chicken with roasted (or grilled!) vegetables and grain of choice
  • Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Saturday.  


Friday: Pizza of Choice!
  • Have any leftovers for lunch on Saturday.  


Saturday: Leftover Maple Walnut Chicken

Hope you have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover