Friday, July 26, 2013

Menu for July 28, 2013 through August 3, 2013

The big news around here is...

My brother is engaged!  YAY!  A proposal was in the works for a few months but I kept my mouth shut until last weekend when a scavenger hunt led to a proposal and celebration.  So happy for David and my future sister-in-law Meera!

Besides that awesomeness, I've been a little bit obsessed with making this healthy banana pudding recipe.  I've made it twice in two weeks and have to pace myself so I don't eat it all at once (it's filling, so that's actually not too hard to do.)  I weirdly don't usually like bananas or pudding, but when I first tried banana pudding a few years ago in NYC at Magnolia Bakery I immediately fell in love with it.  Of course their banana pudding is not at all healthy, so I was excited to find a healthy version that I thought tasted pretty good.  Granted, I haven't had the real stuff in a couple years so maybe I'm remembering it wrong, but I have REALLY been enjoying this.  Mark isn't a pudding fan so I've been saving it all for myself.  :)

A couple of notes in case you try it (and I hope you do)--- 1)  I made it with 2 tablespoons of sugar and 3 tablespoons of coconut butter.  I make my own coconut butter by processing unsweetened flake coconut until drippy.  2) It definitely turns brown on the top in the refrigerator from the bananas, but it still tastes really good so you just have to get past that.  Totally worth it and I already can't wait to make batch #3 (I need more coconut!).

Besides eating your banana pudding, you should probably eat some vegetables.  I've got Japanese Vegetable Pancakes, Vegetable Spring Rolls, and Tempeh Hash with Mushrooms and Kale on the menu.  Also on the menu are the Jalapeno Cheddar Turkey Burgers I recently tried.  If you're up for it- try making your own pita pockets for the burgers on the grill!

Dinners for the Week

Sunday:  Japanese Vegetable Pancakes with a small piece of salmon on the side if desired.
  • Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Tuesday.  
Japanese Vegetable Pancakes


Monday:  Vegetable Spring Rolls
  • Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Wednesday.
Vegetable Spring Rolls



Tuesday:  Leftover Japanese Vegetable Pancakes

Wednesday:  Leftover Vegetable Spring Rolls

Thursday: Jalapeno Cheddar Turkey Burgers with sides of choice (cut up vegetables are good!)
  • Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Saturday.
Jalapeno Cheddar Turkey Burgers














Friday: Tempeh Hash with Mushrooms and Kale and bread on the side if desired
Tempeh Hash with Mushrooms and Kale











Saturday: Leftover Jalapeno Cheddar Turkey Burgers

Have a yummy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover