Friday, August 30, 2013

Menu for September 1, 2013 through September 7, 2013

I'm back!  Mark and I had a great vacation that took us to Cape Cod and Sacramento.  Lots of quality family time and a wonderful way to escape from work.

While on the Cape, Mark and I went on a 40 mile bike ride (woo!) and I got to see Coast Guard Beach for the first time in years.  So many fun times at that beach!  Also got to take an early morning walk on Craigville beach which was delightful.  Food wise, all the cousins put together a delicious taco salad for dinner one night so of course I had to take a picture to document it.


My parents joined us on our trip to Sacramento and we had a great time with Mark's family.  We got to see the world premiere of our wedding video that Mark's aunt spent a lot of time working on for us- it was so fun to re-live that day!  For the event, we made a dinner of appetizers (sort of), which again I had to document.  There was cheese and veggie quinoa bites, pretzel dogs, salad, veggies, and bruschetta.  Yum!  We also saw this crazy house in Woodland that was turned into a gas station museum.  Sounds weird, but it was really cool.


The summer has sure flown by.  It's hard believe that it is Labor Day weekend.  I'm looking forward to lots of apples, pumpkins, and changing leaves in the coming months.  I've got a lot going on work-wise so I won't be able to experiment with new recipes quite as often as in the past.  I'll still be sure to share my great finds though. :)  While in Sacramento I had a delicious spelt berry salad that I'm going to try to recreate ASAP!

Check out my plan for dinners this week... Lots of vegetables and another chance to use the grill before it's really fall!

Dinners for the Week

Sunday:  Chipotle Sweet Potato Burgers with Roasted Garlic Sauce and salad on the side
  • Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Wednesday.  


Monday:  Celebrate Labor Day and the unofficial beginning of fall with Grilled Pizza! (feel free to mix up the toppings!)
  • Make the full recipe and have any leftovers for lunches.


Tuesday:  Warm Tortellini Salad
  • Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Thursday.



Wednesday:  Leftover Chipotle Sweet Potato Burgers with Roasted Garlic Sauce

Thursday:  Leftover Warm Tortellini Salad

Friday: Vegetarian Fajita Burrito Bowls with Baked Tortilla Chips
  • Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Saturday.











Saturday:  Leftover Vegetarian Fajita Burrito Bowls

Hope you have a relaxing long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover