Friday, October 18, 2013

Menu for October 20, 2013 through October 26, 2013

Have you been enjoying fall?  I've been loving it!  Last weekend Mark and I explored a new part of Connecticut.  We came across a bike path that goes along the Connecticut River.  It was beautiful!


I also tried a new (not healthy) chocolate chip cookie recipe.  It's been way too long since I made cookies! I have a favorite recipe that I've made (literally) hundreds of times, but I was looking for a recipe that used bread flour since that was all I had.  These are Alton Brown's "The Chewy" chocolate chip cookie.  The bread flour helps with the chewiness.  They were very good! Mark will be sharing them at a game night tonight. :)


For dinners this week you can look forward to sweet potato peanut bisque (while I haven't adapted the recipe on the blog, it's one of my favorite soups!), spaghetti squash and meatballs, coconut thai chicken and vegetables, and pizza!

Dinners for the Week

Sunday: Sweet Potato Peanut Bisque with salad and/or breadsticks (I tried these last weekend and they were good! I want to try to modify to include whole wheat flour).
  • Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Wednesday.  
Sweet Potato Peanut Bisque


Monday:  Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs (serve in or out of spaghetti squash shells- whatever you prefer!  It's easier to have leftovers out of the shells).
  • Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Thursday.
Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs


Tuesday:  Coconut Thai Chicken and Vegetables with Whole Wheat Naan
  • Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Friday.
Coconut Thai Chicken and Vegetables


Wednesday:  Leftover Sweet Potato Peanut Bisque

Thursday:  Leftover Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs

Friday:  Leftover Coconut Thai Chicken and Vegetables

Saturday:  Spicy Kale, Pepperoni, and Mushroom Pizza (or pizza of choice) with salad on the side
  • Make the full recipe and leftovers for lunch on Sunday.  
Spicy Kale, Pepperoni, and Mushroom Pizza


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover