Friday, November 15, 2013

Menu for November 17, 2013 through November 23, 2013

This past week was exciting because we saw the first snow of the season!  It wasn't much and I didn't even think to take a picture, but it was still fun. There have been some very cold days this week, but I've strangely been enjoying it.  We'll see how long that lasts... :)

Last weekend I tried this sweet potato pie with a maple quinoa crust.  I was intrigued because it looked like a pretty healthy dessert.  This was my first time having sweet potato pie (as opposed to pumpkin), and the pie part turned out great.  I had a lot more filling than would fit in a standard pie dish (I think the volume of the recipe is off).  So I baked up the extra filling in some ramekins for mini crustless sweet potato pies.  Mark and I devoured those!  The crust was okay, but didn't end up cooked enough for my liking.  Mark would have just preferred no crust at all.  I will try the recipe again and see if I can improve the crust, but I wanted to share the recipe link now in case you wanted to try it for Thanksgiving (which is quickly approaching!).

For dinners this week you've got to try the newest veggie burgers on the blog- Thai sweet potato veggie burgers.  Don't skip the peanut sauce!  Also on the menu is maple walnut chicken, tortellini soup, and tempeh tacos.  Enjoy!

Dinners for the Week

Sunday: Thai Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers with Peanut Sauce and salad on the side
  • Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Wednesday.  

Monday: Maple Walnut Chicken served over cooked bulgar/rice if desired with roasted vegetables on the side
  • Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Thursday.  











Tuesday: Tortellini Soup with bread and/or salad on the side.
  • Note: I made this recipe with a 28 ounce can of tomatoes, 12 ounces of frozen tortellini, and kale instead of spinach.  If you make it like I did, you might have to add up to a couple of cups of water so that there is enough broth for all of the tortellini.
  • Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Friday


Wednesday:  Leftover Thai Sweet Potato Veggie Burgers with Peanut Sauce

Thursday:  Leftover Maple Walnut Chicken

Friday:  Leftover Tortellini Soup

Saturday:  Tempeh Tacos
  • Make half the recipe and have any leftovers for lunch.


Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover