Friday, December 20, 2013

Happy Holidays!

It's only one more day until winter officially begins, but the weather here did not get that memo!  It's been snowy and cold for the past two weeks, but then this weekend it's supposed to be in the 50s.  It's perfect for us though because we are finally moving! (and moving during a snowstorm would be less than ideal....haha!)

Our life is in boxes right now, but we did get internet set up at our new house this morning so we can still feel connected to the world.  Our new house has a beautiful view in the back.  I took some photos this morning during the sunrise.  I hope you enjoy them!   The farm near us that we can see out back is a dairy farm.  They make their own yogurt and cheese and they also sell milk, beef, and a few other items.  We've already stopped in a couple of times.  They're great!


One of the reasons I originally started this blog was as a Christmas gift for my mom last year. Of course, it was for me too, but the idea was to give her menu ideas each week for the year so she wouldn't ever have to ask "what should we have for dinner?"  I'm happy that it has turned into a great place for me to record and share the good recipes that I find.


As we enter the new year, I will probably use the blog a bit differently.  I will still always be on the lookout for good recipes and I will post them whenever I find them.  However, I probably won't do the weekly menus any more.  If you ever need a week of menus, the menu archive will still be available with lots of great ideas!

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a great start to 2014.  It's been so fun sharing 2013 with you!  Expect more posts from me starting sometime in January...

~Kaitlyn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover