Friday, January 4, 2013

January 6, 2013 through January 12, 2013

Most weeks I plan on having leftovers multiple times.  This is partly because most recipes are easier to make for 4, and I am only cooking for 2!  Plus, it saves time.  This semester I am teaching a class on Thursday nights and Mark has a class on Wednesday nights, so I will be planning to have leftovers on at least those nights.  When having leftovers later in the week is part of my meal plan, I always portion the food into 4 servings after making it, but before we eat.  This way I can be sure that we will have enough for leftovers later.  If we end up still being hungry, there's always easy backup food (air popped popcorn, bread or fruit with nut butter, yogurt, etc.)  Mark always laughs when the food in the skillet has been divided into four sections. :)

I've made all of the recipes this week before and enjoyed them.  Hope you like them too!

Dinners for the Week

Sunday:  Broccoli and Potato Nuggets with dipping sauce of choice.  Consider Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip for extra protein.
  • Make full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Wednesday

Monday: Lentil Meatballs with Lemon Pesto (from the Sprouted Kitchen Cookbook) served over sauteed kale and peppers.  These meatballs are pretty filling, but if you are extra hungry, considered cooked bulgar or rice on the side as well.
  • Note:  for the pesto, you can use walnuts instead of pinenuts and kale instead of basil.  I used fat free ricotta cheese last time I made these and it seemed to work fine.
  • Make full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Thursday

Tuesday: Wild Salmon with Minty Yogurt Sauce.  Serve over cooked bulgar or other grain of choice.  Carrots, sauteed kale, salad, or other veggies on the side.
  • Make full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Friday

Wednesday: Leftover Broccoli and Potato Nuggets

Thursday: Leftover Lentil Meatballs

Friday:  Leftover Salmon

Saturday: Cheese and Veggie Quinoa Bites served over salad with your choice of dressing.  One of my favorite dressings for this recipe is Trader Joe's Low Fat Parmesan Ranch Dressing (in refrigerated section).
  • Make the full recipe and have the leftovers for lunch throughout the week

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover