Friday, February 15, 2013

Menu for February 17, 2013 through February 23, 2013


We survived the blizzard!  We got three feet of snow which was ridiculous and awesome.  I shoveled for so many hours and was frankly kind of obsessed with it.  I know, it was strange!  Mark kept laughing at me.  Here is one of my favorite pictures that I took that shows the road before it got plowed.


You might remember last week I suggested making these peanut butter brownies.  Well, I made them and my prediction was right that they are very good.  They've made for a great Valentine's week treat!  I strongly recommend them!

On the menu for you this week is lots of Asian inspired foods.  A pumpkin coconut curry with meatballs, vegetable lo mein, and Asian foil salmon with the most delicious cauliflower I have ever had.  And to keep things interesting, why not have a salad with roasted potatoes on it?  It's yummy!  If you make the full recipe for the pumpkin coconut curry there will be quite a lot of food, so you should think ahead about if you will want to freeze some of the leftovers, have them for lunches as well, or just not make as many of the meals and have a couple of them for all of your dinners.

Let me know if you have any recipe requests for future weeks!  As I've said before, I'm always up for a new challenge, and I love doing recipe research!


Dinners for the Week

Sunday:  Vegetable Lo Mein
  •  Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have the leftovers on Wednesday
Vegetable Lo Mein


Monday: Roasted Two Potato Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
  • Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Thursday
Roasted Two Potato Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette











Tuesday: Pumpkin Coconut Curry with Meatballs over Coconut Rice
  • Decide how much you want to make--- you could make half the recipe to eat twice this week for dinners, or make the full recipe and freeze some, have it for lunch, etc.  On this menu it's also planned for Saturday.

Pumpkin Coconut Curry with Meatballs over Coconut Rice











Wednesday: Leftover Vegetable Lo Mein

Thursday: Leftover Roasted Two Potato Salad

Friday:  Asian Foil Salmon with Cauliflower Steaks (+ grain of choice if you are super hungry, but probably not necessary).  This recipe serves two, so it shouldn't make many  leftovers.


Asian Foil Salmon with Cauliflower Steaks










Saturday: Leftover Pumpkin Coconut Curry with Meatballs

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover