Friday, March 29, 2013

Menu for March 31, 2013 through April 6, 2013

Well, no big food revelations this week like last week, but I did bookmark a few interesting food things. :)
  1. Triple Chocolate Quick Bread [gluten-free].  I often have a craving for chocolate (and so does Mark!), and when I saw this I really wanted to give it a try.  One of the gluten-free flours in it is buckwheat flour which I've never used.  I might just try regular whole wheat since I don't really need to be gluten-free.  Note that you will have to scroll down a bit on that link to see the pictures!
  2. Perry's Plate is a neat blog I just discovered that has a lot of Paleo recipes and therefore low-carb ideas.  I want to try the "cauliflower rice" part of this recipe and see how it works for me.  Could be tasty!
  3. If you've ever tried to make breads with seeds on them (like bagels with sesame seeds), you know how hard it can be to get the seeds to stick.  Sometimes I feel like it's not even worth it because so many of them end up NOT on the bread.  For this reason, I found this King Arthur Flour post on seeded breads particularly interesting.  Also, that loaf with all the seeds is gorgeous!!
  4. I recently WON a tin of cookies from the Momofuku Milk Bar in NYC thanks to Bake or Break (how awesome is that??).  They came last week and are of course now gone.  Both Mark and I enjoyed them!  They are gluten free and vegan and have a shortbread-like consistency.  I liked the ingredient list!  I will definitely be making these or something close to these in the future.
On the menu for you this week is two new recipes to try and a couple of older recipes that you might not have gotten a chance to try the first time around.  Given that Easter is Sunday, I'm not planning anything for that day, but I have a few recipe round ups from other sites if you are looking for ideas!  New this week is stuffed portobellos and coconut oat crispy chicken salad.  I was really impressed by both of those dishes!  There is also panko crusted salmon and shakshuka.  Overall there are lots of vegetables this week!

Dinners for the Week

Sunday:  Happy Easter!  Here are some recipe round ups from other blogs if you need inspiration:

Monday: Stuffed Portobellos with Baked Sweet Potato Fries and kale chips on the side
  • Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Thursday











Tuesday: Panko-Crusted Salmon with a big kale salad on the side. (I made a salad inspired by this one.  I used the dressing from that recipe but substituted grapefruit juice for the blood orange juice.  In the salad I had 20 ounces of kale, 3 grapefruits, feta cheese, and sunflower seeds.  It was really good!)
  • Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Friday



Wednesday: Shakshuka with bread if desired.
  • Make the full recipe but use only four eggs.  Eat as much as desired tonight and have any leftovers on the weekend for lunch.


Thursday: Leftover stuffed portobellos with sweet potato fries and kale chips

Friday:  Leftover salmon and kale salad

Saturday: Coconut Oat Crispy Chicken Salad with Pomegranate Drizzle
  • Make half the recipe.  Or, make the full recipe and have leftovers for upcoming lunches.


Have a great week!  Happy APRIL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover