Friday, April 19, 2013

Menu for April 21, 2013 through April 27, 2013

The explosions at the Boston Marathon got this past week off to a scary start.  One of my cousins was running the marathon (she was able to finish and I'm so proud of her for that accomplishment!), and I had multiple other family members and friends nearby.  Luckily all of them were fine, but I know that not everyone was so lucky.   It's so sad that things like this happen here and all over the world.  I  take comfort in the fact that in any event like this there is always such an outpouring of support/love/help from so many people.  It's unfortunate that a small number of people can have such a negative impact.

On a lighter note, this weekend I am getting my hair cut!  Probably doesn't sound exciting, but it's been 22 months since I cut it and I'm going to be donating 10+ inches.  I've donated my hair once before and it was a good experience.  I'm excited for a shorter hair style and happy that I will be helping a child out with a wig from my hair!  I'll put an updated picture in the "about" page after I get it cut.

This past week I started reading the book Wild.  It is the true story of a 26 year old woman's 1100 mile solo hike on the Pacific Crest Trail in the mid 90s.  I had heard about it a few different times before deciding I was intrigued enough to start reading it.  So far I'm really liking it!  I've stayed up later than I planned multiple nights this week reading it, which is a sign that it's good!

On the menu for you this week is two new delicious and flavorful recipes.  Sesame Spiced Turkey Meatballs with Chickpea Kale Salad and Lemon Thyme Chicken with Garlicky Quinoa were both hits with Mark and I this past week.  Then a Quick Mixed Bean Chili from a couple of months ago... since it's not quite as warm yet as we might like!  And pizza night!  Choose one of the three pizzas from this blog or be creative and make up your own based on what you are feeling like.  It's a week full of good food!


Dinners for the Week

Sunday:  Sesame Spiced Turkey Meatballs with Chickpea Kale Salad
  • Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Wednesday


Monday: Lemon Thyme Chicken with Garlicky Quinoa and salad on the side
  • Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Thursday











Tuesday: Quick Mixed Bean Chili with salad or cut up vegetables on the side
  • Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Friday.  If you have additional leftovers, you could have them for lunch or freeze for a future dinner.



Wednesday:  Leftover Sesame Spiced Meatballs with Chickpea Kale Salad

Thursday: Leftover Lemon Thyme Chicken with Garlicky Quinoa and salad

Friday: Leftover Quick Mixed Bean Chili with sides

Saturday: Pizza!  Choose your favorite or make up your own!
Consider:  Thai Chicken Pizza, Spicy Kale, Pepperoni and Mushroom Pizza, or Greek-Inspired Pizza
  • Have any leftovers for lunch on Sunday











Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover