Friday, July 19, 2013

Menu for July 21, 2013 through July 27, 2013

I feel like it's silly to even say this, but it has been very very hot. The heat wave this week has been brutal. We are lucky that we have a basement that stays a not ridiculous temperature. We also are lucky (super lucky) to live 30 minutes from my family's cottage on a lake- so we got to spend one evening this week floating around in the water. Remember what it was like in the winter when it was freezing cold? No? Me neither. I always have found it interesting that it's hard to imagine feeling cold when you are hot and vice versa.

Completely unrelated but I just learned today that the preferred practice for spacing and periods is to only put one space after a period. Apparently putting two spaces was leftover from typewriters and I have been doing it wrong all these years. This made me feel old and way behind the times until Mark said he also uses two spaces. So at least we are behind the times together? In this post I'm consciously trying to do just one space but it's super hard. I'm so trained to the two spaces thing. So tell me... if you use only one space after periods have you always done it that way or when did you switch?  Edit:  Okay this makes me feel better!  Still curious what other people do though.

Luckily next week isn't supposed to be too hot, but I'm still trying to avoid using my oven as much as possible. Why not trying making grilled vegetables sandwiches with bread from pizza dough? It'll be fun! I also recommend roasted two potato salad (try the potatoes on the grill), red curry lentils, and any leftover veggie burgers you have in the freezer. I've got to restock mine- we just love them around here!

Dinners for the Week

Sunday:  Grilled Vegetable Sandwiches
  • Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Tuesday.  
Grilled Vegetable Sandwiches


Monday:  Roasted Two Potato Salad
  • Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Wednesday.
Roasted Two Potato Salad



Tuesday:  Leftover Grilled Vegetable Sandwiches

Wednesday:  Leftover Roasted Two Potato Salad

Thursday: Red Curry Lentils
  • Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Saturday.
Red Curry Lentils










FridayVeggie Burgers from the freezer (make a new batch if necessary- they're so handy to have around!)
Spicy Chickpea Veggie Burgers










Saturday: Leftover Red Curry Lentils

Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover