Saturday, August 3, 2013

Banana Pudding

Banana Pudding

I've already mentioned this banana pudding multiple times on the blog because I've become pretty obsessed with it.  The fact that I don't really like bananas makes this whole obsession pretty mysterious, but what can I say- it's delicious!  The recipe came from chocolate covered katie, but I wanted to put in writing the specific way that I've been making it.

Banana Pudding

Traditional banana pudding has chunks of banana and vanilla wafers mixed in.  I prefer this plain or topped with blueberries.  I really have to work hard to make it last for four days (hiding it way in the back of the refrigerator helps).  I love that it is a good source of protein and vitamins and what some people claim is a healthy fat (coconut butter).  That's more than you get from most desserts!

Banana Pudding


Banana Pudding

serves: 4

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 very ripe bananas, mashed with a spoon (the riper the better)
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 tablespoons coconut butter
  • 1 11.5 ounce package silken tofu (I use the kind from Trader Joe's-- it is sold in a box and not refrigerated)
  • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • optional:  1/8 teaspoon turmeric (helps to make it a bit more yellow)

DIRECTIONS:
1) Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process until completely smooth, about 2 minutes.

2)  Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for a few days.  The top layer of the pudding will turn brown in the refrigerator from the bananas, but it still tastes excellent.

(recipe barely adapted from chocolate covered katie)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover