Friday, August 2, 2013

Menu for August 4, 2013 through August 10, 2013

I made these mini sopapilla pancakes last weekend.   They are topped with honey as per typical sopapillas.

Sopapilla Pancakes

I first learned about sopapillas from Mark, who learned about them during his travels of the southwest with his dad.  I actually made more traditional sopapillas with Mark a few years ago (they are fried) and they were delicious!  These were a fun reminder... and a bit healthier.  Basically these pancakes are just fluffy and cinnamony, and perfect topped with some honey.  A great weekend breakfast treat.

We are gearing up for a beautiful weekend at the cottage.  Looks like the weather should be perfect.  And I've got a book I need to finish so it will all work out well :).

Menu for this week... I strongly recommend the summer vegetable pasta salad, especially if you've got some herbs and vegetables in your own garden.  I've also got chopped Thai chicken salad on the menu, which is another one of my top salads ever.  Saag paneer is making another appearance too.  I just LOVE that dish and the ridiculous amount of spinach in it makes me happy.  Also, making the paneer cheese for yourself feels super satisfying.  Lastly, it's time for another grilled pizza! It will be fall before we know it so take advantage of grilled pizza this month!

Dinners for the Week

Sunday:  Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad
  • Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Tuesday.  Add any other leftovers to lunches on Wednesday. 
Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad


Monday:  Chopped Thai Chicken Salad
  • Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Wednesday.
Chopped Thai Chicken Salad



Tuesday:  Leftover Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad

Wednesday:  Leftover Chopped Thai Chicken Salad

Thursday: Saag Paneer
  • Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Saturday.
Saag Paneer












FridayGrilled Pizza-- use the toppings I suggest or feel free to experiment with your own!  Have extra veggies on the side.
  • Make the full recipe and have any leftovers for weekend lunches.










Saturday: Leftover Saag Paneer

Have a wonderful week and HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover