Friday, September 13, 2013

Menu for September 15, 2013 through September 21, 2013

It's Friday! I'm teaching classes on Friday nights this semester so my weekend will start a little bit later than usual, but that's okay- Friday is still a reason to celebrate!  There are a few delicious looking recipes I've seen lately that I wanted to share with you... If I'm lucky, maybe I'll even get a chance to try them soon. :)
  1. Sugar-Free Apple Pie Chia Seed Jam + Breakfast Parfait--- I especially like the look of the apple pie jam.  I wonder what would happen if I just added chia seeds to my applesauce?
  2. Cornbread Panzanella Salad--- I saw a lot of Panzanella salads throughout the summer and kept wanting to make one, but didn't get a chance.  I think a cornbread version would be excellent though.  Mark LOVES cornbread!
  3.  Sweet Potato, Corn and Jalapeno Bisque--- I'm so ready for soup season! And this combines my love of sweet potatoes and spicy foods. Can you believe I haven't even had fresh corn this season? Maybe I can make this quick before it's too late! 
  4. Espresso Cheesecake Brownies--- Not healthy in any way... but just look at these!  And they look like they'd be fun to make.
For dinners this week we've got salmon again (I'm trying to have salmon every week now!), lemon thyme chicken with garlic quinoa (have I mentioned I love garlic?), tofu pad thai (it's been too long!), and tempeh tacos (another favorite!) Enjoy!

Dinners for the Week

Sunday:  Tempeh Tacos
  • Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Wednesday.  
Tempeh Tacos


Monday:  Lemon Thyme Chicken with Garlicky Quinoa and salad on the side
  • Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Thursday.
Lemon Thyme Chicken with Garlicky Quinoa


Tuesday:  Tofu Pad Thai with salad or roasted vegetables of choice
  • Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Friday.
Tofu Pad Thai


Wednesday:  Leftover Tempeh Tacos

Thursday:  Leftover Lemon Thyme Chicken with Garlicky Quinoa

Friday:  Leftover Tofu Pad Thai

Saturday: Pesto Salmon with salad on the side
  • Make the full recipe (it serves 2).
Pesto Salmon











Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you do make that soup! It's fabulous (if I do say so myself). and I really have to try your tofu pad thai!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover