Friday, September 20, 2013

Menu for September 22, 2013 through September 28, 2013

Have you picked apples yet this season? I was lucky enough to pick apples last weekend in my parents yard! Years ago my dad planted three little apple trees that have now become huge- producing TONS of apples.  We picked two grocery bags full and it didn't look like any had been picked.  I'm working my way through them all making applesauce- one of my absolute favorite snacks ever.  Do you ever eat applesauce warm?  I often prefer it that way.  I also eat it a lot on top of greek yogurt- delicious!

Here are some recipes that caught my eye this week:
  1. Pizza Quinoa Bean Burgers--  I love quinoa burgers, veggie burgers, and pizza- so why not combine the three?  These look good to me!
  2. No Bake Elvis Bars--- While we're heading out of no-bake season into bake season, these no bake bars look excellent... and fun to make!
  3. Turmeric Tea--- I read recently about how there can be bad chemicals, etc. in tea bags.  (Argh... sometimes I wish I didn't read that sort of thing!), but this looks like a good homemade tea... and I know turmeric is great for you.
For dinners we've got the new salmon recipe I posted this week, veggie lo mein (it's been a long time since I've made that one- worth the carbs in my opinion!), Japanese vegetable pancakes (so good!), and open faced pineapple BBQ tempeh sandwiches.  Yum!

Dinners for the Week

Sunday: Japanese Vegetable Pancakes
  • Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Wednesday.  
Japanese Vegetable Pancakes


Monday:  Lemon Garlic Salmon with roasted vegetables of choice
  • Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Thursday.
Lemon Garlic Salmon


Tuesday:  Vegetable Lo Mein
  • Make the full recipe and eat half tonight, have leftovers on Friday.
Vegetable Lo Mein


Wednesday:  Leftover Japanese Vegetable Pancakes

Thursday:  Leftover Lemon Garlic Salmon

Friday:  Leftover Vegetable Lo Mein

SaturdayOpen Faced Pineapple BBQ Tempeh Sandwiches with salad on the side
  • Make the full recipe and have any leftovers for lunch.
Open Faced Pineapple BBQ Tempeh Sandwiches











Hope you have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. Ooo those pizza bean burgers sound awesome! Definitely checking those out!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!

Pin It button on image hover